On 6-1-2011 4:04, Khaled Hosny wrote:

The following used to work (still working in texlive) but no longer
working (latest minimals), I get the page number and the rule but not
the text. Bug?

sort of ... chapter refers to a section-* name so we need to get the parent:

methods[v_current] = function(name,range)
    local top = stack[topofstack]
    return top and top[parentname(name)] or ""
end

(you know where to patch this)