** Verhaag, G.C.H.M. [2011-01-08 10:54:53 +0100]:

> Hi,
[...]

> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
> \write18 enabled.
This: "(TeX Live 2010)" contradicts with that:
> While trying to get some MetaPost plots converted to PDF, with the
> latest ConTeXt minimals installation (MkIV) on my Linux box, things
> happen which I don't understand, sorry!

[...]
> Do I need to install other tools to get it working?
I'm not sure. But before you have to be sure that you actually use
context minimals.

Suppose, that you have TeX Live 2010 installed here:
/usr/local/texlive/2010
and context minimals installed here:
/usr/local/opt/context

Then run terminal (konsole, gnome-terminal, xterm, urxvt, ...) and
do
$ . /usr/local/opt/context/tex/setuptex
and _after_ that run
$ mtxrun ...

If you still get an error something is really broken.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
It is enough to make one sympathize with a tyrant for the determination
of his courtiers to deceive him for their own personal ends...