Hallo Wolfgang,

thank you for your reply. It looks already promising, however I get the
following error and I do not know how to fix:

Running context --ctx=s-mod t-pocketdiary.tex

! String contains an invalid utf-8 sequence.
l.113
      ?
\dodotypeblockverbatim ..., nature = "display", }}
                                                  \dostoptagged \endofverbat...
l.152 \stopdefinition

When looking at s-mod-00.mkiv it appears that the \startdefinition macro is
only available in mode [nocode]
Commenting the \startmode[nocode] and \stopmode does not solve the problem:

Runaway argument?
\setvari[PocketDiaryColo\ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \dododowithbuffer.
<inserted text>
                \par
\inputgivenfile #1->\normalinput {#1}

\doreadfileyes ...x \inputgivenfile \readfilename
                                                  \relax \the \everyafterrea...
l.2 \readfile{t-pocketdiary.tex.prep}{}{}

Looking at the *.tex.prep file it does not appear that there is something wrong
with it. I am also a bit surprised about the error message in the line after
the Runaway argument?. The command is crippled: it should be \setvariables

Puzzled, kind regards

Willi