On Friday 28 January 2011 16:52:57 Marco Pessotto wrote:
> John Culleton <j...@wexfordpress.com> writes:
> > Is there a short, simple guide somewhere that shows how to use
> > TTF and OTF fonts in Context? I downloaded the new Fonts chapter
> > but it goes deep into the weeds on typescripts etc.  I am looking
> > for a method that allows me to do in Context what I can already
> > do in most other DTP programs: simply designate for use a font or
> > font family that exists in /usr/share/fonts without typescripts,
> > complex and confusing aliasing schemes or tfm files.
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTex
OK I used this guide and have access to one of the fonts in
/usr/share/fonts/Type1 but not the rest. Courier is in the database.
AGaramond is not.  The wiki paper seems to state that Type1 fonts
should be available via the database and \simplefonts. AGaramond is in
the
/usr/share/fonts/Type1
directory and is listed in the
/usr/share/fonts/Type1/fonts.dir
file. It does not show up in the mtxrun generated data base.

set shows the following entry:
OSFONTDIR='/usr/share/fonts;/home/safe/.fonts'

Now if Type1 isn't included the font data base yet I can be cool with
that. But in that case the wiki needs to be corrected.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: