On 10-2-2011 12:29, Reviczky, Adam wrote:
Hi

I have a problem using qpdf (http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/) with context beta 
since 2011.02.08.
Don't really know whose fault it is, but there might be something wrong with 
mkiv.

All I want to do is generating a linearized (web optimized) pdf using qpdf as 
hinted on this list (see 
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/055626.html).
I was able to use it until context beta 2011.02.08, and getting an error since.

Here's what I'm doing:

1)
test.tex contains
%%%
\starttext
Hello world!
\stoptext
%%%

2) running "context test.tex" to make the pdf

3) running "qpdf --linearize test.pdf out.pdf"
which creates the optimized out.pdf

So up until and including context beta 2011.02.05 everything was working.
---
reviczky@calcium ~/Desktop % qpdf --linearize test.pdf out.pdf
reviczky@calcium ~/Desktop %
---

But since beta 2011.02.08 (10:06) I get just a very brief error:
---
reviczky@calcium ~/Desktop % qpdf --linearize test.pdf out.pdf
operation for Name object attempted on object of wrong type
2 reviczky@calcium ~/Desktop %                                              :(
---

Does anyone have a clue what might go wrong here?
Does context beta (mkiv) generates broken pdf's now? How can I check that?
qpdf isn't too helpful with that:
---
checking test.pdf
PDF Version: 1.6
File is not encrypted
File is not linearized
No syntax or stream encoding errors found; the file may still contain
errors that qpdf cannot detect

best is to make two pdf files that are as small as possible and send them off-list to Luigi and me so that we can look into them.

Hans

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------
___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : [email protected] / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

Reply via email to