Dear ConTeXt folks,

I am using the Neo keyboard layout [1], which enables me to directly
enter several UTF-8 characters.

The dot »·« is one of those characters [2] and I like to use it in math
mode instead of `\cdot`.

But in math mode it is some kind of bold lower dot (see attachment) and
not ·. In works fine “text mode”.

        \starttext
        $a · b = a \cdot \text{ (\\cdot) } b = ab$

        in text ·
        \stoptext

Is the wrong UTF-8 character used or can ConTeXt be adapted to use »·«
as would like to?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.neo-layout.org/
[2] http://wiki.neo-layout.org/browser/A-REFERENZ-A/neo20.txt#L225

$a · b = a \cdot \text{ (\\cdot) } b = ab$

in text ·