On 02/20/2011 09:01 PM, Florian Wobbe wrote:

--
Florian Wobbe
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research

On Feb 20, 2011, at 20:38 , Khaled Hosny wrote:

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 08:30:53PM +0100, Florian Wobbe wrote:
Is there any way to use MnSymbol in context?

It is, but somebody needs to write support for it. Both for MKII and MKIV.

The problem is, that luatex refuses to load any of the MnSymbol*.otf
font files available from CTAN with an error message. I don't know
what is broken with the fonts.

Reporting the errors would help finding what is wrong.

Hi Khaled,

luatax says:
  )<texmf/fonts/opentype/public/mnsymbol/MnSymbol12.otf
!LuaTeX error (file texmf/fonts/opentype/public/mnsymbol/MnSymbol12.otf):
Invalid character.

It is the CFF parser in the backend that gives up on the font. I have no idea why that is, but a (re-)"generate fonts" in fontforge fixed
it for me.

Best wishes,
Taco