Hi Aditya,

thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply, I've been kidnapped by another work...
I'd go with the layer solution.
But I don't know to insert a layer for each pdf page.
Could you please provide some hints?

Thanks a lot

Best

-a-

On Feb 2, 2011, at 5:37 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Andrea Valle wrote:

Ok, let's reformulate partially

If I have:

\setuppapersize[A4]

\setuppagenumbering[location=left, state=start]

\starttext

\copypages[pdf/Test.pdf][scale=1000]

\stoptext

Looking at the resulting pdf, it seems that the original pdf is mirrored (apart from half a line at the bottom of the paper, trunked). Ok. But there are not page numbers (I guess they are coverd by the imported pdf)

You can add a layer on top and set page numbers in the layer.

Now, so sum up my problem is:
- given a certain number of A4 pdf
- how to collect them in a unique pdf
- with successive page numbers
- and with refs, so that I can automagically create a TOC

For a quick solution, you can try the cut-n-paste module[1]. It does not create a TOC, so you will have to do that by hand (or a helper macro).

\usemodule[cut-n-paste]

\newcount\colledpages

\definecutNpaste[collection] [n=1,text={\setups[page]},location=(OverlayWidth/2,1cm)]

\startsetups[page]
 \doglobal\increment{\collectedpages}%
 \collectedpages
\stopsetups

\starttext

\processcollection[name=paper1.pdf]
\processcollection[name=paper2.pdf]
\processcollection[name=paper3.pdf]

\stoptext

The location of the text is controled by the location key. This can be any valid metapost coordinate.

The module is actually meant for convert two column pdfs to one column pdfs (for reading on an ebook device), so it an overkill for just merging pages. You can however control how many pages to insert, (using start and stop keys), and draw a grid on the page (grid=yes), and trim the page (more complicated).

But, as I said earlier, the simplest way is to just insert the page number in a layer.

Aditya

[1]:https://github.com/adityam/cut-n-paste

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.myspace.com/andreavalle
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderaalle/
-->  http://www.youtube.com/user/vanderaalle
--> andrea.va...@unito.it
" This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous."
(Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski)