>> Hi,
>>
>> what is the preferred way to set the maximum item depth for itemization with
>> symbols?
>
> With MkII it was possible to increase the itemlevel with the “levels” key but
> MkIV has a fixed depth which can’t be changed.

Strange, I tried \defineitemgroup[myitm][levels=11] in MKII but still I get
"currently no more than 6 levels in itemizations". Levels do not seem to work
anymore.

>> I can decrease the default value of 6 with \setcounter. However, increasing
>> to values higher than 6 results in an error: "Missing number, treated as
>> zero".
>
> \maxitemdepth is a real counter and \setcounter won’t work here. The only
> thing you can do is to ask Hans to implement the “levels” key in MkIV. What
> you have to know is that this key is only used when you define a new list
> with \defineitemgroup, for a already existing group like “itemize” you can
> increase the depth.

OK. What I don't understand is why is there a hardcoded limit? The indentation
of depth greater than 6 is working all right only the symbols are kept constant
(\definesymbol[6]) for all depth > 6.

Florian