On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Marco wrote:

To save time, t-vim (actually t-filter with continue=yes)
runs the external filter only in the first run; in the subsequent runs the
cached file is used. So, if I want to delete the temporary files, they
must be deleted in the last run. Right now, there is no means of detecting
the last run in MkIV.

The only thing that comes to my mind is to delete the files (of course only
when --purgeall is set) after *every* run. That's quite inefficient (since vim
is run every time again) but it would produce correct ouput and delete the
files.

The next version of t-filter will name the generated files as:

\jobname-temp-<filtername>.<filterextension>

and these files will be deleted by context --purge (in the next beta). Note that this will **not** delete the files in the temp directory. Neither will it delete "filename.ext.md5" if you use

   \type<vim>file{filename.ext}

Perhaps, in the future, it might be better to store the md5 sums in the tuc files; but, right now, that is a low priority feature.

Aditya