On 28.02.2011 00:20, Khaled Hosny wrote:
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 06:14:36PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
IMO this does only partially help, consider the following example:

\starttext
$(B, Y, R, X)$
\setupmathematics[autopunctuation=no]
$(B, Y, R, X)$
\stoptext

In both lines the spacing after "Y" is way to big. I don't know if that's a
bug or just ugly. (version 2011.02.15 16:11)

In text parts this is known as kerning. In OpenType math there are
complex bounding boxes.

I would call it a bug. The spacing is OK with cambria, but not with xits.

Because Cambria implements math kerning that Mojca is referring too,
XITS don't (and will not in the near future unless someone steps to
implement it; pretty tedious job).

Regards,
  Khaled

Ah, okay. Too bad. Some time ago I was wondering if there's something like "kerning" in math mode, too. Does that mean it would work if I switch to cambria math fonts?

Stefan