On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 09:20, Cecil Westerhof  wrote:
> I installed tex-live 2010. It gives the same version info as the one that
> was installed by openSUSE:
>     MTXrun | kpse fallback with progname 'context' initialized in 0.09
> seconds
>     TeXExec | version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> Following http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeX_Live_2010 I try to do luatools
> --generate, but this gives:
> LuaTools | fileio: variable SELFAUTOLOC set to /usr/lib/texmf/bin/i586-linux
> LuaTools | fileio: variable SELFAUTODIR set to /usr/lib/texmf/bin
> LuaTools | fileio: variable SELFAUTOPARENT set to /usr/lib/texmf
> LuaTools | fileio: variable TEXMFCNF set to
> {$SELFAUTODIR,$SELFAUTOPARENT}{,{/share,}/texmf{-local,.local,}/web2c}
> LuaTools | fileio: no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
> LuaTools |
> LuaTools | runtime: 0.010 seconds
>
> So I suppose that I have to set TEXMFCNF. But to what?

1. Try to figure out where texmfcnf.lua is located.
2. Set TEXMFCNF to that folder.
3. You need to edit TEXMFCNF to match settings in texmf.cnf (you need
to locate it first).
4. Send a bug report to suse.

I can try to help you (for the sake of fixing distribution in suse),
but you need to send the contents of texmf.cnf (at least the part that
defines paths to files, like TEXMFHOME, TEXMF<whatever> etc.) and
location of configuration files.

However if you want support (bugfixes etc.), I would suggest you to
install minimals in parallel to systemwide distribution.

Mojca