On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Procházka Lukáš wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to create an overlay - text with a line drawn bellow.

The following code:

---

\defineoverlay[Label][\useMPgraphic{Label}]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
draw p yshifted -1cm withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\def\Text#1{\inframed[background=Label,frame=off]{#1}}

\starttext
AAA
\Text{BBB}
CCC
\stoptext

---

results in a horizontal line going exactly through the middle of the text.

And I'd like to draw it bellow; thus "yshifted -1cm".

How to do it?

You do not need yshifted. But you need to set the bounding box of the resulting image correctly.

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
 path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
 draw p withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
 setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox OverlayBox ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

Aditya