On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 08:34, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
> On Sun 20 Mar 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Another option is to disable only a single feature:
>>
>> \definefontfeature[notrep][trep=no]
>> \def\realquotesingle{{\addfs{notrep}'}}
>
> Thanks, that's more elegant. I've updated the wiki page to include it.

Just a question for Hans or Taco: would it be possible to create a
command sequence that would avoid doing the auto-replacement even when
trep is on? Say, \textapostrophe, \asciiapostrophe, \textquote,
\asciiquote or some similar name.

One option would be to automatically create a "virtual font" with
duplicate of 0x27 at some constant slot and then access that glyph
(even though that might have consequences for searching in PDFs). This
is ugly, but maybe there is some better and more elegant approach.

Mojca