In article <ec21325a-9931-40ed-ac3c-3ba3333b8...@googlemail.com>,
 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 25.03.2011 um 12:51 schrieb Nicola:
>
> > Hi,
> > a document of mine (compiled with the latest mkiv beta) contains the
> > following setup:
> >
> > \usetypescript[times][ec]
> > \setupbodyfont[times,10pt]
>
> \setupbodyfont is enough, you don’t need \usetypescript here and font
> encoding (i.e. “ec”) are gone.

Ok. Please bear with me, understanding of font handling mechanisms is still
beyond my reach. This is the best I was able to do so far to use Times New
Roman:

\starttypescript [serif] [myfont]
  \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [name:timesnewroman]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [name:timesnewromanbold]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [name:timesnewromanitalic]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]    [name:timesnewromanitalic]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [name:timesnewromanbolditalic]
\stoptypescript
\definetypeface [myfont] [rm] [serif] [myfont]
\definetypeface [myfont] [mm] [math]  [times]
\setupbodyfont[myfont,rm,10pt]

\definefont[FigureCaptionStyle][SerifBold at 9pt]
\setupcaptions[inbetween={\blank[6pt]},width=max,align=middle,style=FigureCaption
Style,suffix={.}]

Is this the mkiv way?

Nicola

ps: for aligning footnote symbols, I have no clue yet.