On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 05.04.2011 um 18:49 schrieb Peter Münster:

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> writes:

No, “mkvi” is a valid file extension for MkIV. The difference between
a mkiv and a mkvi file is that you can use named parameters, e.g.

Hello,

Why mkvi and not mkv ?

I guess because mkvi has four letters like mkii and mkiv but mkv ha only three.

So the next versions will be mkix, mkxi, mkxv, mkxx, mkxl, mkli, mklv, and mkxc. It is gonig to get confusing real soon :)

BTW, does anyone has a minimal example on how to use mkvi syntax. I tried a few examples, but the best that I could do was using one of the mtx-* scripts to convert mkvi to tex (And that conversion does not work for \starttextdefinition ... \stoptexdefinition).

Aditya