On 05/07/2011 01:26 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

Hans and Taco, do you have any idea? Why is the inter-letter spacing
different in MkII and MkIV.

In math-vfu we have:

if italic then
width = width + italic
end

And that is for a reason. I might be a left over from when the math
engine was redone. So I need input from Taco.

I suspect that was from an earlier, bad interpretation of the opentype
math specification and that it can go away. But: much safer is to have
a big test file first using various (variable|opname) + other char
combinations.

Best wishes,

Taco