Am Freitag, den 20.05.2011, 14:04 -0300 schrieb George N. White III:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > I am trying to use the module bib, but I only get [[error 2]] displayed.
>
> I see the same result from "context bibtest".
>
> I was just trying the bib support with a fresh "minimals".  At some
> point, I read that the bib module is no longer needed, so I tried
> without the \usemodule lines and got the same result.  Then I replaced
> the \completepublications and get something better, but ref. [1] is
> blank:
>
> %orig: \usemodule[bib]
> %orig: \usemodule[bibltx]
> \setupbibtex[database=sample]
> \setuppublications[numbering=yes] % Show reference numbers in the
> generated list.
>
> \starttext
> As \cite[hh2010b] already indicated, bibtex is a \LaTeX-centric program.
>
> \placepublications[criterium=all]
> %orig:\completepublications
> \stoptext

Thank you very much for this hint. I am getting the same result as you.
Everything works but the listing of all entries.

[…]

I am guessing that `@ELECTRONIC` is the problem.

> >        @ARTICLE{hh2010a,
> >          author = hh,
> >          title = {The Font Name Mess},
> >          journal = {MAPS},
> >          year = {2010},
> >          volume = {40},
> >          pages = {2-8},
> >          keywords = {context},
> >        }
> >
> >        @ARTICLE{hh2010b,
> >          author = hh,
> >          title = {Grouping in Hybrid Environments},
> >          journal = {MAPS},
> >          year = {2010},
> >          volume = {40},
> >          pages = {67-71},
> >          keywords = {context},
> >        }
> >
> >        @BOOK{Eijkhout1991,
> >          title = {\TeX\ by Topic. A \TeX nician's Reference},
> >          publisher = {Addison-Wesley},
> >          year = {1991},
> >          author = {Victor Eijkhout},
> >          address = {London},
> >          keywords = {general},
> >        }
> >
> > from the bib module to the directory.

[…]

If everything is solved I will add a note to the Wiki page stating that
in the current ConTeXt version no module is needed and add a link to the
mailing list thread.

Thanks,

Paul