Am 21.05.2011 um 10:15 schrieb R. Ermers:

> Dear all,
> I have some fragments of Arabic in my dutch context document (mkiv). I tried 
> the  environment ara-sty on the wiki, but Context halts at  
> \setcharactermirroring[1]
> Then I found in an e-mail on the internet the suggestion to give up on 
> setcharactermirroring and use instead these instructions:
> %\setupdirections[bidi=global] or
> \setupdirections[bidi=local]
> I replaced charactermirroring by \setupdirections[bidi=local] but there seems 
> to be a problem with that too.
> The environment ara-sty apparently interferes with the section headings in my 
> document anyway, perhaps because it is designed for documents whose 
> mainlanguage is Arabic. I found elaborate suggestions to typeset a 'hello' 
> document in Arabic, but my document contains mixed text. (When I uncomment 
> ara-sty, the document is typeset normally.)
> Note that I have been typesetting Arabic texts in Latex (starting with 
> ArabTeX)  and xelatex (unicode) for years now, but I expected that 
> typesetting Arabic in Context / Luatex is more complicated.
> Thus I have two questions:
> 1. which module should I load or which commands should I add to the preambule 
> for typesetting Arabic,

You can use the simplefonts module to set different fonts for your main text 
and the arabic parts:


\setmainfont[TeX Gyre Pagella]
\setmainfontfallback[Arabic Typesetting Sample][features=arabic,range=arabic]

\input knuth\par

If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 

maillist : /
webpage  : /
archive  :
wiki     :

Reply via email to