On 22-5-2011 5:09, Otso Helenius wrote:

With this feature one could define for example a 2-page spread for a magazine
(with free shape graphics and columns)
in between two ordinarily defined pages and would not have to manually disrupt
the body text flow through the
document.

It can probably be done with transparency (soft/hard masking) but I never looked into that (never needed it and I have no pdf examples anyway).