On 21.06.2011 11:19, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:35, Marc Trius wrote:

This might be different for you if you're already used to Vim or Emacs, which I
wasn't.

As I said, if you are not used to work with those, it is a steep learning curve.

TeXworks is configured to use MkII, but there are instructions on the wiki to
configure it for MkIV.

The latest TeXworks should have this fixed, but I have no idea how to
build texworks on linux (for Windows and Mac one can download a
binary).

Mojca

Hi, I'm not a very experienced Linux-user, but I still managed to compile the TeXworks-current-snapshot on my (Arch-)Linux system without any problems. It was just the same as with any other application I wanted to build from source. You need some development packages for your Linux-distro (have a look at http://code.google.com/p/texworks/ ) and then just something like "qmake" and "make".

HTH, Stefan