On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 10:04:22 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Am 01.07.2011 um 09:46 schrieb Thomas Schmitz:

Hi all,

two questions here:

1. Is it possible to define a blank so that the paragraph after it will not be indented (in a document which otherwise does have indents)? I looked at \defineblank and the new \definevspacing, but couldn't find anything appropriate.

You can use the fancybreak module for this.

Ah yes, I see! Thanks Wolfgang, I will use that.

2. I want footnotes placed at the bottom of the page so that the vertical place is filled (so with a flexible vertical space between text and notes), but on the last page of every chapter, the publisher prefers the footnotes right below the text, not at the bottom of the page. Is this feasible?

Endnotes at the end of each chapter are easy when you use start/stopchapter because you can flush them with the “aftersection” key.

No, that's not what I was asking. I want footnotes on every page, just the ones on the last page should be moved up to the end of the text, not down to the bottom of the page. I tried \setupfootnotes[location=high], but when I enable it for the entire document, it wreaks havoc (footnotes running off the page instead of breaking, very inconsistent spacing). So also tried to enable location=high manually just for the last paragraph of every chapter (and putting this paragraph into a group), but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Thomas