Unfortunately this will not work with columnsets. Those always use a complete
page. So after stating \startcolumnset there is always a page break, as is
after \stopcolumnset.
If you intend to place text before and after the piece where you use two colums
then you should think of another solution as mentioned by placing the
columnpart in a float with combination.

Willi