2011/7/6 luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > At the moment I have the following in my document:
> >     In the chapters 7 to 12 a more in depth description of the
> > functionalities will be given.
> >
> > For this document it is not a real problem. (I do not expect the chapter
> > structure to change often.) But it would be nicer to get the chapter
> numbers
> > auto generated. Is this possible?
> I (and I suppose others) don't understand your question.
> Does not \chapter work ?

Sorry, communication is not my strong point. :-{

What I mean. I have something like:

\chapter{General description}
.
.
This is explained in chapters 7 to 12.
.
.
\chapter{another}
.
.
\chapter{first explaining}  % this is (now) chapter 7
 .
.
\chapter{last explaining} % this is (now) chapter 12

When chapters are added, moved or removed. The chapter numbers in the above
sentence have to be changed manually. As a real programmer I am lazy and
want the computer do it for me. :-D

--
Cecil Westerhof