Wolfgang,
Me too. This is because the parameter '\macroI' is evaluated as a number, but the parameter '\\macroI' is in fact really a string - the name of a context macro. context (...) command properly put correctly content of the '\macroI' macro into the ConTeXt, but without knowledge of his contents ...

If you write that:

 Not possible.

then it's not for me very good news, because I thus probably not my module to process only at the Lua language ...

Thanx Jaroslav...