2011/8/18 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com>

> It’s “wingdings” with a “g” in the name!
> \definefontsynonym[Wingdings][file:wingdings]
>
> \def\WingdingsSymbol{\getglyphdirect{Wingdings}}
>
> \definesymbol[smiley:1][\WingdingsSymbol{74}]
> \definesymbol[smiley:2][\WingdingsSymbol{75}]
> \definesymbol[smiley:3][\WingdingsSymbol{76}]
>
> \starttext
> \symbol[smiley:1] \symbol[smiley:2] \symbol[smiley:3]
> \stoptext

It is still the same. I know used context instead of my script. (Normally I
compile with a script, because I do not like all the output. When there is
an error I show the last part of the output.) I saw:
    fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'wingdings' is not
found using lookup 'file'
    fonts           > defining > unknown font wingdings, loading aborted
    fonts           > defining > unable to define wingdings as
\**currentsymbolfont**

So properly I need to install the font.

Would it not be better to have at least the option that not finding a font
is an error?

--
Cecil Westerhof