On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:07:55 -0600, Russell Urquhart <russurquha...@verizon.net> wrote:

As a tech writer for 27+ years, who is a recent Context newbie, I applaud your efforts and wish you the best. I just recently have been in the middle of a paradigm change myself, going from Xywrite on the PC to trying to learn and use Context and using vim/gvim as my editor.

Back in 1988 or so, when i was employed at TI, we were tasked with trying to get people to use the then new Ventura Publisher for creating documents, etc. This was all pre- Windows. As a result of that i can understand your concern for having a complete system in place for your new users. Everything has to be in place.

I too look forward to your book. I also look forward to seeing some examples using an Arabic font. My wife is Persian so I've gained an appreciation for typography with regard to this language also. The fact that Context as well as Vim could handle these fonts well were factors in my trying to learn them.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you very kindly for the words of encouragement!!!

:-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shīʿī Studies