On Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Philipp A. wrote:

2011/2/23 Mathieu Boespflug <0xbadc...@gmail.com>

Hi all,

just as a followup and for the mailing list archives, the solution is
to use both Aditya's suggestion to turn on \donknuthmode, as well
replacing the & signs with their interpretations, namely
\pgfmatrixnextcell. Thank you Aditya for the suggestion.

Regards,

Mathieu

umm, i can’t seem to get it to work. i use the mkiv minimals…

no combination of \donknuthmode, \nonknuthmode, \pgfmatrixnextcell and
“replace ampersand=foo”, that i tried, seems to work.

can anyone give me a minimal example of a working tikz matrix in a context
document? (preferrably something that prevents me from littering everything
with “\pgfmatrixnextcell”)

One way around this is to re-read part of tikz module code under the right catcode regime (ideally this should be done by t-tikz). I still cannot get & to work, but using \& is a reasonable shortcut.

Here is a working example:

\usemodule[t-tikz]
\usetikzlibrary{matrix}

\unprotect
\ReadFile{pgfmodulematrix.code.tex}
\protect

\starttext
\tikzstyle{description}=[fill=white,inner sep=2pt]
\starttikzpicture
    \matrix(m)[matrix of math nodes,
      row sep=3em, column sep=3em,
      ampersand replacement=\&,%% AM: Added this.
      text height=1.5ex, text depth=0.25ex]
           {x \& y\\
    \path[->]
      (m-1-1) edge node[description] {$*$} (m-1-2)
              edge node[description] {$*$} (m-2-1)
      (m-1-2) edge[dashed] node[description] {$*$} (m-2-2)
      (m-2-1) edge[dashed] node[description] {$*$} (m-2-2);
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

Aditya