On 09/26/2011 09:15 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2011, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

Hi all,

after boring people with xml processing in TeX at the meeting in
Bassenge, I'm looking for new challenges and am trying my hand at
processing xml in lua. But so far, even the simplest things escape me.
Here's an example:

\startbuffer[test]
<a>
<b>One</b>
<c>Two</c>
</a>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:setups
\xmlsetsetup{main}{a|b|c}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:setups}

% \startxmlsetups xml:a
% \xmltext{#1}{/c}
% \stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:a
\startluacode
context(xml.text("#1", "/b"))
\stopluacode
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
\xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

From what I thought I understood from the source, I believed that ll.
14-16 (the commented part) and ll. 18-22 should be exactly equivalent,
but that's not the case. A little hint might get me started...

Untested ... you can try context.xmltext("#1", "/b")

Aditya

Aditya, Wolfgang,

thanks a lot for your solutions, both work. With Wolfgang at Bassenge, and the network there being flaky, others had a chance of being faster
than him, but now he's back and rules with an iron fist :-)

All best

Thomas