Recently I reported the following problem:

On 25 sep. 2011, at 19:58, H. van der Meer wrote:

> I used the following macro for typsetting literature references in footnotes.
> It worked without problems until now, but then I didn't use the bib module
> for some time.
> It looks like a problem has crept in with the <inproceedings> type.
>
> The error message:
> <to be read again>
>                   \pbd:
> \bibgetvart #1->\csname pbd:#1\endcsname
>                                         \plussix

Digging into the code I finally was able to nail the problem: the offending
citation being of type "t=inproceedings" was missing the "title" item. Then I
observe a call with #1 in bibgetvart empty, somehow leading to a missing
\endcsname error message.

Obviously earlier this wasn't a problem but now is. I guess because the code
changed since my previous work on the project.

Hans van der Meer