On 4 okt. 2011, at 20:44, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 04.10.2011 um 20:37 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Meer, H. van der wrote:
>>
>>> I find that "abc \doifmode{mode}{text} more text" can introduce extra
>>> whitespace. I conclude therefore that there is no \ignorespaces at work
>>> here. As a consequence the \doifmode does not completely disappear if mode
>>> is not satisfied.
>>> Is this intentional or should this behaviour be changed?
>>
>> Can you provide a minimal example. I don't get any extra spaces
>>
>> \enablemode[test]
>> \starttext
>> A\doifmode{test}{B}C
>>
>> A\doifmode{notest}{B}C
>> \stoptext
>

> There is a unwanted space in the second paragraph.

I dare voicing a different opinion. Allthough there indeed is both a space
before the \doifmode as well as after it, I am aware of that but that is
besides my point. I expected the \doifmode to vanish completely when the
condition is not met. As is the case, even if the condition is not met it has a
measurable effect because of the extra space being typeset.
To be more explicit, my expectations were: A \doifmode{condition-not-met}{B} C
resulting in: AC
whereas it becomes: A C.