Dear Hans,

Am Freitag, den 14.10.2011, 15:16 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 14-10-2011 08:02, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > trying to draw a grid and label it, I get an error when using the (alsa
> > attached) example from the MetaFun manual [1].
>
> Fixed in next beta

as always thank you very much for this fast fix. I confirm that this is
fixed in current ConTeXt Standalone or latest Beta.

        ConTeXt  ver: 2011.10.14 22:47 MKIV  fmt: 2011.10.15  int:
english/english

> (however, instead of mp formatting lua formatting is used, a prelude
> to the graph rewrite that Alan and I have in mind).

Not that I know the syntax of it. I hope the article FormattingNumbers
[2] in the lua-users Wiki is the correct place to look. Reading other
sources [3] it seems to be the same syntax as the `printf()`
implementation of the respective system.

Thanks,

Paul

[2] http://lua-users.org/wiki/FormattingNumbers
[3]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1133639/how-can-i-print-a-huge-number-in-lua-without-using-scientific-notation

\startMPcode
drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled .25pt withcolor .5white) ;
draw hlingrid(0, 20, .2, 20cm, 10cm) ;
draw vloggrid(0, 10, .5, 10cm, 20cm) ;
drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled .50pt) ;
draw hlingrid(0, 20,1, 20cm, 10cm) ;
draw vloggrid(0, 10,1, 10cm, 20cm) ;

fmt_pictures := false ; % use TeX as formatting engine
textextoffset := ExHeight ; % a variable set by ConTeXt
draw hlintext.lft(0, 20,5, 20cm, "@3e") ;
draw vlogtext.bot(0, 10,9, 10cm, "@3e") ;
\stopMPcode