On 11/11/2011 06:20 PM, Christian wrote:
Good evening!
 I want to scale a font loaded via the simplefonts so sans and serif have the
 same x-height.
 But as soon as I use a font size larger than 12pt, the scaling is somehow off 
or
 ignored.
 Example:

 \usemodule[simplefonts]
 \setupsimplefonts[expansion=quality, protrusion=quality]
 \setmainfont[Times New Roman]
 \setsansfont[Arial][scale=0.863]
 \starttext
 \setupbodyfont[6pt]
 06pt serif xx{\ss xx sans}\\ %fine
 \setupbodyfont[12pt]
 12pt serif xx{\ss xx sans}\\ %fine, too
 \setupbodyfont[14pt]
 14pt serif xx{\ss xx sans}\\ %here it starts to be off
 \setupbodyfont[16pt]
 16pt serif xx{\ss xx sans}\\
 \stoptext

Your example is a bit difficult to test here because it's windows-centric, I don't have Arial on my system. But by looking at it, you should have something like this in your file before setting the fonts:

\starttypescript [sans] [default] [size]
\definebodyfont [16pt] [ss] [default]
\stoptypescript
\definebodyfontenvironment[16pt]

and so on for other arbitrary sizes. ConTeXt doesn't define complete environments for every imaginable size (but I imagine Wolfgang may come up with a clever solution within his module).

HTH

Thomas
___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : [email protected] / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

Reply via email to