Floris,

On 16 Nov 2011, at 13:12, Floris van Manen wrote:

> W.
>

> On 16 Nov 2011, at 12:25, Willi Egger wrote:
>

>> The key to solve this is in  running 'context --generate' (database),
>> followed by 'context --make' (formats) from a terminal.
>
> What would be the full command line on OSX Lion ?
> e.g. where do (database) and (formats) stand for ?

context --generate

then

context --make

>> - But there might be yet another hurdle, I do not know whether the TeXlive
>> installer exports the required variables. So first in  the terminal you
>> might try echo $TEXROOT, which should return a path.
>
> the echo $TEXROOT is empty

This is very bad in the sense, that a terminal does not have the required
environmental variables set. - Here my knowledge ends, due to the fact that I
do not use TeXlive. I exclusively use the ConTeXt suite a.k.a. the minimals.

May be the TeXlive installer provides an option to run the above mentioned
commands?
May be that Mojca knows more about this?

Kind regards

Willi