Dear Hans,

Am Sonntag, den 20.11.2011, 12:29 +0100 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
> Can someone confirm this? It seems that the equation reference mechanism is
> broken some time in the recent past.
> I have a small example done in
> (1) ConTeXt  ver: 2011.07.13 20:14 MKIV
> (2) ConTeXt  ver: 2011.11.17 23:31 MKIV
> These are respectively the first and last pdf's below.
>

> If true, it is very serious for me, because the I cannot prepare the upcoming
> texts for my students!

this is a known problem. Please take a look at [1]

        Re: [NTG-context] No numbers with `\ref` and floats like `\placetable`

where Wolfgang proposed a quick fix if you are not using sub formulas
and

        Re: [NTG-context] Edid of reference in Wiki

where Hans responded he wanted to take a look this weekend.

> Furthermore: \pagereference now introduces spurious white.

Please open a now thread for this.

> For the bad vertical spacing on the left I have submitted a tentative bugfix
> to Hans Hagen.

Thank you for cooking up a patch!

Thanks,

Paul