I would like to put some math in metapost pictures. For the moment I am using
textext for the typesetting in my metapost macro: pic :=
textext("\setbox0=\hbox{\color["&textcolor&"]"&labeltext&"}\dp0=0pt\box0");
picture pic will be placed in the metapost figure.

Simple math like $p=2$ works fine, but the system chokes on something like the
following matrix:
$\pmatrix{p_{0|0}\cr}$ (it does fine in ConTeXt itself).

The error is: ! Only one # is allowed per tab.
system > tex > error on line 6 in file Info/kanaalmatrix.tex: Only one # is
allowed per tab ...

Perhaps I am too optimistic about textext's possibilities. But how can I
accomplish the placement of these and more elaborate formulae in metapost
pictures using ConTeXt? It is of the essence for a series of Powerpoint slides
I am preparing, wheein these formulae must be placed as individual pictures.

Hans van der Meer