I am trying to typeset some signs for a construction site. I enclose a (somewhat contrived) for consideration.

What I am having difficulty with is to get word wrap and interline spacing to work consistently. I am using \framed, but if there is a better way please let me know. The trouble I am having is getting lines to break consistently. Sometimes they do, but as in this case the second word `through' continues beyond the frame width. You may also try to substitute the text ``Enter this way today'', another contrived example to see the effect. The symbol font that I am using is Symbol-Signs from:

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Symbol-Signs

but I shouldn't think that is pertinent to the problem.

Any guidance on what is the issue here? Or if there is a better way to go about doing this type of signage.

I am also interested in learning how to do vertical centering of blocks of text, i.e., in a formal letter or in this case of setting text for signs. I have read and tried to understand Wolfgang's response to Jaroslav's earlier enquiry:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100702.112805.07aa71e2.en.html

but I really don't understand it and how to make it work for my applications. Is there a simple template---say for a block of text---that someone might be able to offer for the ConTeXt challenged?

advTHANKSance

--
-----
- Pavneet Arora

\setuppapersize[legal,landscape]
\setuplayout[header=0in,footer=0in,topspace=0.75in,bottomspace=0.75in,backspace=1in,width=12in]
\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[texgyreschola]
\definebodyfont [10pt,11pt,12pt][rm]
	[tfe=Serif at 128pt,
	ite=SerifItalic at 128pt]
\setupbodyfont[12pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=1.2\bodyfontsize]
\starttext
%\showlayout[pt,in]
%\showbodyfont
\dontleavehmode\framed[width=7in,align={flushright,nothyphenated,verytolerant},frame=on]{%
\tfe Enter through here for parking
}
\dontleavehmode\framed[width=5in,frame=off]{%
{\simplefont[symbol-signs][size=500pt] K}
}