On 21.12.2011, at 12:33, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 21.12.2011 um 12:04 schrieb Andreas Harder:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> with the latest beta there is always a line break after a \blackrule … bug
>> or feature?
>>
>> \starttext
>> % \dontleavehmode%
>> \blackrule[width=3cm] unwanted line break!
>> \stoptext
>
> It’s neither a bug nor a feature, just a result of TeX’s horizontal and
> vertical modes, the same happens when you use \framed in vertical mode.
>
> \starttext
> \framed{line 1}
> \framed{line 2}
> \stoptext

Yes, you are right. My example was too minimal. I used \defineheadplacement and
since yesterdays beta the line break is introduced.

\starttext

\defineheadplacement[MyPlacement][vertical]
  {\vbox{\localheadsetup\begstrut\blackrule[width=3cm] #2}}

\setuphead[subject][alternative=MyPlacement]

\subject{test Äg}

\stoptext

Andreas