Hello,

when I turn off the compression [extend=0.8] -> [extend=1] the problems are gone :-) ... the compression unfourtunately also :-( What do I have to configure to get the compression without spaces? :-)

Regards
Jannis

===== copy
Hello,

if I compress a font, there are suddenly hidden spaces between words. You can't see the spaces in the PDF, but when you copy the text from the PDF to an editor you can see the spaces. And when you search for a word (with hidden spaces) in the PDF, the word can't be found.

This is the result when you copy the text from the PDF into an editor: "The quick brow n fox jum ps over the lazy dog."

There is a space in "brow n" and one in "jum ps".
When you search for "brown" in the PDF you get no result.

Here is an example:

\definefontfeature[cond][default][extend=0.8]
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Allerlight][features=cond]

\starttext
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
\stoptext

How to get rid of this hidden spaces?

Regards
Jannis