Am 24.01.2012 um 05:44 schrieb Peter Park Nelson:

> After updating to the current beta, I discovered that the \note macro
> does not format the note marker correctly.
>
> In the minimal example below, I define an item group for a
> paragraph-formatted list of article authors, and an "affiliation" note
> for a paragraph-formatted list of affiliations below them. (This is
> fairly common in academic journals; I have left out most of the text
> formatting.)
>
> The note marks for the third and fourth authors (Jones and Mandrell),
> which are created using the \note macro to reference previous
> affiliations, are too small and not bold.
>
> I would guess this is related to changes around line 122 of
> strc-not.mkiv, dealing with the handling of note attributes (see:
> \def\usenotestyleandcolor).

No, \usenotestyleandcolor is a internal command which pass the values
of the style and color keys to the responsible mechanism.

The problem is the way how you use the \note command. The \note command
has two arguments, the first argument is for the note type (in your case
affiliation)
and the second for the reference. You can omit the first argument only when
you try to print the number of the “footnote” note type but for all other types
you need it.

Wolfgang