On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 15.02.2012 um 11:17 schrieb Ian Lawrence:

A bit of help, please.

I currently have a chunk at the start of a text file, like this

\setvariables
 [Path]
 [Thread={Ee_01_PN},

  Mode=full]
\stopbuffer

I invoke the file with

context  filename.tex

Is there a way to pass the value of the variable to context on invocation?

So the top of the header might read:

\setvariables
 [Path]
 [Thread={Ee_01_PN},

  ]
\stopbuffer

And the invocation:

context  filename.tex (bit of magic) Mode=full

If so, I could use this a few times...it's not a big deal but would
mean I could prepare some fixed command files, rather than a search
and replace for Mode=full to Mode=light through al the text files
called by this kind of invocation.
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060810.215454.54ccd77e.en.htmlhttp://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20110105.204113.93286322.en.html

Also see

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modes