Hello!

I'm trying to place dynamic content on a layer and now it turns out
that while getting a different pic every time is easy, getting the
layers redrawn wasn't that simple. The wiki has this code:

\definelayer
  [pagenumber]
  [width=\paperwidth,
   height=\paperheight,
   preset=middle,
   state=repeat]

\setlayer[pagenumber]{Page \pagenumber}

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=pagenumber]

\starttext
\dorecurse{4}{\page[empty]}
\stoptext

AFAIK, that should be a complete  minimal sample. Unfortunately it
doesn't seem to work, at least my ConTeXt MkIV of February 8 only
gives "Page 1" on every one of those 4 pages...

How to fix this? Preferably on the "Dummies" level, I'd prefer not to
see the bowels of my ConTeXt, if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Mari