On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Jan Heinen <jahei...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I got an answer from my printer to the example I have shown in this thread:
>

>> \framed[%
>>  width=80mm,height=50mm,
>>  background=color,
>>  backgroundcolor=myc,
>> ]
>>
>> {\startcolorintent[overprint]2 Overprinted or not?\stopcolorintent}
>
> His answer in german:
> "Die Texte, welche auf Kasten 2  stehen, sind innerhalb Ihrer erzeugten
> Datei zwar alle überdruckend eingestellt, visuell allerdings aussparend."
>
> My translation:
> The text on box 2 is formated as overprinted but visualy spared out.
>
> What the hell is going on?
>
> Regards
> Jannis

%%% overprint.tex
\nopdfcompression
\setupcolors[state=start,rgb=no,cmyk=yes,overprint=yes]
%% to be sure
\definecolor[CYAN][c=1.0,m=0,y=0,k=0]
\definecolor[MAGENTA][c=0,m=1,y=0,k=0]
\definecolor[YELLOW][c=0,m=0,y=1,k=0]
\starttext
\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=CYAN,
frame=off,offset=.25cm,strut=no]{%BEGIN
\startcolorintent[overprint]
\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=MAGENTA,
foregroundcolor=YELLOW,
align={lohi,middle},
frame=off,width=2.5cm,height=2cm]
{overprint \\ \startcolorintent[knockout]{knockout}\stopcolorintent}%
\stopcolorintent
\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=MAGENTA,
foregroundcolor=YELLOW,align={lohi,middle},
frame=off,width=2.5cm,height=2cm]{knockout\\
\startcolorintent[overprint]{overprint}\stopcolorintent}%
}%END
\stoptext

$>gs -sDEVICE=tiffsep -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=z.tiff  overprint.pdf  -c quit

Then study z.tiff, z.tiff.Cyan.tif,...z.tiff.Black.tif  with use gimp.

--
luigi