Am 2012-02-28 um 21:20 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:
Hello,
I work quite often with Scribus (but I am not expert). I use it
mainly to leaflets, posters (great tools for posters for me) and
other similar things that contain a lot of graphics, overlays, etc.
I can imagine writing a small magazine with lots of images, etc. For
extensive work (thesis and large documents with a large majority of
the text) in the Scribus current version can not imagine it. Those
who can not nothing in TeX or ConTeXt Scribus is an interesting
option. It's clickable tool that allows to one who does not
understand typography and not feeling for it do make a nice shit.
Typography expert can produce very nice documents. Or also, someone
who has a great feel for typography.
Scribus is developing quite quickly and quite well with developers
trying to improve it. For some time it will definitely be a tool
that can tread on the heels of InDesign
But it still lacks a lot of essential features for professional work
(at least in my area), e.g. usable master pages and nondestructional
import of vector graphics (esp. PDF), CMYK and spot colors. Correct me
if it gained these lastly - I know they're working on it, but the
development speed is much much slower than ConTeXt’s. Maybe it’s more
stable and reliable therefore...
Scribus has at least one feature that sets it ahead of InDesign
(besides being Open Source): render frames (similar functionality as
ConTeX’s filter module - replace foreign sourcecode by its result).
Greetlings,
Hraban
___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the
Wiki!
maillist : [email protected] / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________