On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 09:41, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 18-4-2012 03:41, Kip Warner wrote:
>>
>> Hey list,
>>
>> Is there a way to include a set of font files with a ConTeXt document's
>> source files such that a path to the directory containing the font can
>> be directly specified in the environment? I was thinking that if it were
>> possible to do this already, the simplefonts module might have a setup
>> for this.
>>
>> The reason why I'd like to consider this is to make it easier on my
>> users who wish to build my document from source without them having to
>> manually download a font and figure out how to install it on their given
>> platform.
>

> It can give problems with the same fonts being on the system several times
> in several versions

That is partially user's problem. The same can happen if user has
multiple tex files with the same name or multiple images with the same
name.

There are already commands:
- to look for tex files in some folder
- to look for images in some folder \setupexternalfigures[directory={...,...}]
which both work on document level (they only enable one extra folder
for that specific document, not for the global TeX/ConTeXt
installation)

Imagine a project which ships both tex sources and fonts together in
some SVN repository. It works perfectly fine if fonts are in the same
folder as TeX documents, but if one wants some structure and put fonts
in another folder, one has to install the font. There should be no
need for users to install exotic fonts if document author can specify
something like \setupfonts[directory=../fonts] on top of project file.

Mojca