Hi, Hans,

> A question for Yusuke: what script name should we use?

It is a difficult question.  In Chinese or Korean case,
what they have chosen?  In Japanese, we need to prepare a
lot of characters for font set if they complete Adobe-Japan-1.5
or something. So, some font vendors publish the font sets
including only kana-region and latin/number-region (and
elementary school level kanjis).  In this case, script=kana
might be ok, but if the font set has all the characters
of Adobe-Japan-1.5 region, then script=kana is too impolite.

Moreover, in pTeX world, we use 'kanji' for this kind, but
we need to rethink 'kanji' is most appreciate or not.

Thanks,
-- Yusuke.