On 9-5-2012 09:31, Meer, H. van der wrote:

On 8 mei 2012, at 22:25, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 08.05.2012 um 19:32 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

I do not get lowercase greek letters on the itemize as should happen with
symbol setup g.
A minimal example, showing the demise of lowercase greek against succes for
uppercase.

It’s a font problem because MkII took the greek letters from the math font but
MkIV
takes them from the text font and Latin Modern doesn’t have lower case greek
letters.

Thanks. I was not aware of that problem.
Indeed, the greek lowercase appears with \setupbodyfont[postscript].
But not with the brandnew \setupbodyfont[lucidaot], which is quite a nuisance.
Can it be remedied with a more generic mkiv solution?

- you can define a combined font that gets greek from a math font
- you can define a conversion that takes greek from a math font

(the second one could then be hooked into the 'g' option)