On 10-5-2012 19:25, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
On Thu 10 May 2012, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

  one glaring omission to me was the lack of support for
cross-references within bibliographical lists (e.g., you have a
chapter in a book and want to refer back to item X in your list).
This has been asked again and again on the zotero forums. Answer
2007: yes, this is coming real soon now. 2008: Well, it needs
support from CSL, and may be a bit longer. 2009-2011: more requests,
no reply. 2012, one of the developers: not any time soon... This
makes CSL worthless to me, I'm afraid.

This is certainly a limitation for Zotero (I noticed it as well when I
tried it out a little while ago) but I'm not sure that it's a problem
for CSL. As I understand it, CSL defines formatting for typeset
citations and bibliography entries. It's not meant to handle tasks
such as cross-referencing chapter entries to their book entries --
that should be the job of the software (Zotero, Mendeley, etc.) which
is using CSL for its formatting. My experience with CSL is limited,
though, so I could be wrong about this.

At any rate, CSL seems to be achieving a critical mass of usage and
support, and there's a huge number of predefined, publicly available
styles ( https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki ).

It should not be that hard to support it if only I had a reason to spend time on it (as I never need to use citations etc).