Hello Andy,

On 05/27/2012 04:41 PM, Andy Thomas wrote:
Hello Jano,

On May 26, 2012, at 2:12 PM, Jano Kula wrote:

Hello Andy,
Side notes set ragged left (rigth justyfied) on left pages are quite difficult
to read, I would make them ragged right (left justified) on all pages and.

I guess you want to say [...]  it would [not] break the overall design at all
;) I like the look of ragged outer when just looking at a double page from far.
It does make reading more difficult. I still cannot decide. In the end
legibility should be more important, so ragged right is better like you said.

Sure, I wanted to say: "it would not break the overall design at all" :)

Just wondering, why is Optima-Regular embeded so many times?

We wanted to have a sans serif font for the viewgraphs that matches the Palatino (orig.
1948). So we went for Optima (1952-1955 and also from Hermann Zapf). Wikipedia says
"Optima's capitals (like Palatino's) are directly derived from the classic Roman
monumental capital model [...]". I think, it does look good together. We also wanted
a TeX Gyre font as main font, so that it is available on every system.

Of course a good choice, but I meant something different. When I have a look at the Properties of the document in the Adobe Reader or just list the fonts with "pdffonts" command on linux, then Optima-Regular is listed 141 times. Figure labels use sans serif, so I'm wondering why so many times the font is included.

Jano