On 28-5-2012 18:44, Philipp Gesang wrote:
Hi Andy,

On 2012-05-27 17:57, Andy Thomas wrote:
Hello,

could someone point out to me, where in the standalone
installation the 'margin float placement' algorithm lives.

it depends:
   Floats: strc-flt.mkvi
   Side floats: page-sid.mkiv
   Margin data (as in your example): typo-mar.mkiv

and their respective .lua companions. I suspect you will be
interested in the function „inject()“ (part of the finalizer) in
typo-mar.lua.

keep in mind that this is not finished yet i.e. there is no api at the lua end yet

is there a way for margintext to 'respect' the lower border
of the page and push the margintext up, pushing other margintexts
upwards while doing so?

+1, I’m curious too whether this can be done.

maybe some day when I'm looking into the page builder code